It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Division
of Academic Foundations where you will find an array of exciting
courses and programs.
Our faculty and staff strive to help our students meet their goals by
encouraging them to use the College’s tremendous resources, participate
in academic advisement, and utilize the Division’s learning and
writing centers. We believe that building positive relationships between
faculty, staff and students, cultivates academic success. Our academic
departments feature flexible scheduling, late start classes, and on-line
learning at multiple campuses and extension sites.
Our division offers you the opportunity to:
- advance your foundation skills of reading, writing
and math through the Transitional Studies Department;
- expand your knowledge about College resources
through College Orientation Seminar (COS);
- enhance your fluency of foreign languages, American
Sign Language and English for Speakers of Other Languages through
the ESOL/Foreign Languages Department;
- support your coursework and improve your
academic performance by participating in the Academic Support
Services tutorials through the Academic Foundations Learning Centers
and the Writing Center;
- enroll in MCC courses while still attending high school
through the School to College Alliances’ Dual Enrollment program;
- grow your knowledge and experience of sustainability with the new Sustainability Certificate, Degree, or 2+2 program;
- receive advisement and support through the Hillside Navigator Program if you are a Hillside Work Scholarship graduate;
- become “College Ready” while in High School. If you are an East High School student, apply for the College Readiness program at East High.
Please go to each program’s website for more details. If you
have any questions, please call me at 292-2341 or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
so I can help you meet your goals and find success at MCC!
Kate Smith, Dean