Who Can Apply?
- At least 17 years old (No upper age limit)
- Out of high school
- Willing to commit one full year of service
- Available to serve weekly, full time hours (40+ hours a week)
- Evidence of community involvement
- Demonstrated commitment to service
- Interested in learning new skills and experiences
- Willingness to use your time and abilities to improve the lives of others
How Are Future Members Selected?
- Application is numerically scored
- Selected candidates are interviewed and responses are numerically scored
- Reference checks are completed
- Police background check is conducted
- Scores from the application and interview are totalled, background and reference checks are completed
- Applicants that meet our threshold score, have positive references, and pass the background check are invited to serve
How Do I Apply?
Instructions for applying online can be found here. Please call or email the Rochester AmeriCorps office if you would like to request a paper application. Applications are accepted and screened on an on-going basis. Interviews are scheduled beginning in January and continue until all slots are filled. The 2018 - 2019 term of service begins on September 5, 2018 and runs through August 11, 2019.
We're pleased you're interested in applying to be a Rochester AmeriCorps member! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.