International Students must NOT drop below a full course of study after classes have begun without prior authorization from the International Student Counselor.
"Full- time" means 12 credits per semester. A student who is authorized for a reduced course load must enroll in least 6 credit hours.
- Students who experience academic difficulties (for example: unfamiliarity with American teaching methods or English language difficulties). A student is allowed to drop below a full-time for academic difficulties only once during their degree program.
- Documentation from the academic advisor is required.
- Students in their final semester of study need only to register for the credit hours required to complete the degree.
- Documentation from the faculty advisor is required.
- Students who have a medical problem can reduce their credit load or take the semester off.
- Documentation from a licensed medical doctor or psychologist is required.
Remember: Only the International Student Counselor has the authority to authorize a reduced credit load! This approval must be obtained before dropping below full-time status.