Welcome to the world of MCC.
As one of the most innovative community colleges in North America, we’re pleased to welcome students from all around the world. And you’ll be pleased to know that many of our students go on to succeed at colleges like Rochester Institute of Technology, Cornell and other excellent four-year schools.
How to Apply. Step by Step.
Here are the steps to get through the application process at MCC quickly and easily. We’re happy to help you in any way during the process. That’s why we’re here. Please contact us at InternationalAdmissions@monroecc.edu.
Take a closer look at MCC by checking out our majors and programs. Each is led by a team of award-winning professors dedicated to teaching, offering an unmatched value in college education. If you need help choosing a course of study, our admissions counselors can speak with you personally to advise you of all your academic choices.
If you’re planning to move on to a four-year school, check out MCC’s unique transfer programs. You’ll find out just how valuable your MCC education can be.
NOTE: International students are not eligible for admission to competitive health-related programs (nursing, dental hygiene, dental assisting, surgical technology or radiologic technology), the automotive technology programs or any one-year certificate program.
As an international applicant, you need to meet certain requirements to be accepted to Monroe Community College.
- Be a high school graduate, and provide your high school transcript.
- Submit your results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS), if you are from a country where English is not the primary language or the language of education. The minimum score is 55 TOEFL or 5.0 IELTS.
- Provide evidence of financial support in the form of a bank statement.
- Submit a copy of your passport identification page.
- Provide your college transcripts, if applicable.
If you need help with the international student application or have any questions, contact our Admissions Office at email@example.com or 585.292.2200 (please add your country’s dialing code).
Here are the steps to apply to MCC as an international student:
- International applicants must fill out and submit the State University at New York (SUNY) application. (There is a $50 U.S. application fee.) Submit your application by June 1 for September admission and November 15 for January admission.
- Mail the following paper documents to MCC (We cannot accept scanned or faxed documents.):
- High school transcripts – Submit your official high school transcripts (marks sheets, exam results, certificates). Photocopied transcripts are acceptable as long as they bear an original signature or certification from a school official. Transcripts must be in English and include proof of graduation or completion.
- English language proficiency – You must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) if English is not your native or first language. MCC requires a minimum score of 55 on internet-based TOEFL, or 5.0 band score on IELTS to be considered for admission. Have your TOEFL test score sent to MCC, school code 2429.
- Financial documentation – Submit official bank statements showing availability of sufficient funds to pay for at least one year of study AND if supported by a sponsor, a completed SUNY International Student Financial Statement signed and stamped by your sponsor's bank and sponsor. The proof of financial support is required of all F-1 applicants seeking a Certificate of Visa Eligibility (Form I-20). The statements should be current, official and written in English.
- Photo identification – Provide a copy of an official government-issued form of identification, such as a passport.
- College transcripts (if applicable) – Submit official transcripts of all post-secondary coursework. If you wish to transfer foreign college credit to MCC, you must use a credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES).
Please mail your documents to:
Monroe Community College
1000 East Henrietta Road
Rochester, New York 14623-5780 USA
If you need help during this process, please email our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 585.292.2200 (please add your country’s dialing code).
- SUNY Application
- MCC International Student Application Instructions
- International Student Services Department
- SUNY for International Students
- Explore careers
As an international student, you must meet a required budget to be accepted to Monroe Community College. Below is a list of expenses, which is used to determine how much you will need to have in the bank to attend MCC.
|ESTIMATED ANNUAL EXPENSES|
|On-campus Housing (optional)||$6,358|
|Books & Supplies||$1,000|
|Miscellaneous Expenses (Transportation, Personal)||$1,500|
|TOTAL MINIMUM BUDGET||$22,997|
NOTE: Keep in mind that the housing cost listed above is just an estimate. Monroe Community College reserves the right to make changes to tuition, fees and residence hall charges.
As an international student, you’re required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) agency to provide documented evidence of your financial resources for the first full academic year (9 months/2 semesters) before MCC can issue Form I-20 (application for F-1 student status).
At Monroe Community College, the required amount for the first full academic year is $22,997 in U.S. funds for the 2017-2018 academic year. This amount is based on the college’s estimate of tuition and fees, housing, books and supplies, medical insurance and miscellaneous living expenses.
Bills for tuition and fees are created at the time of class registration each semester (fall and spring) and payment instructions will be included with your bill. Please make your payments directly to MCC’s Student Accounts Office.
When you’re accepted, you’ll receive your I-20 from us. You’ll also receive an email from Global Education & International Services with instructions for setting up your new electronic network and student email accounts. The network account will allow you to use on-campus computers and register for classes.
NOTE: You must activate your network account before you can apply for on-campus housing.
You’ll need to pay the SEVIS I901 Fee, apply for your student visa, schedule a visa interview, book travel and complete other tasks before you enter and study in the United States.
Here’s a list of what you need to do after your acceptance to MCC:
- Pay the fee for the SEVIS I-901
- Follow our instructions for completing your F-1 student visa application
- Schedule your U.S. embassy visa interview
- Canadian citizens: follow these special instructions
- Book your travel arrangements to arrive in Rochester in time for the mandatory international student orientation. We’ll email orientation information to you upon admission. (If you plan to live on campus, you’ll need to arrive by the move-in dates stated in your admissions packet.)
- Apply for housing before July 1
- Submit your immunization records
- Contact Global Education & International Services to register for classes
- Pay your bill after you complete your class registration. You can pay online by credit card through your student account page or you can send an electronic wire transfer of funds through Flywire.
Welcome to MCC! Rochester is served by the Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC), AMTRAK trains and several inter-city bus companies. When you arrive in Rochester you’ll need to arrange for your own transportation to your residence hall or apartment. Taxis are available at the airport and train and bus stations.
Here’s what you’ll do in your first few days at MCC:
- Move into your MCC residence hall or off-campus apartment
- Attend international student orientation
- Take your placement test
- Get a parking permit, if you have a car
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Forms
- USCIS Offices near Rochester
- MCC Residence Life Information for International Students
- Life in Rochester, NY
The team at MCC’s Global Education & International Services is ready to help you through every step of the admissions process, from applying to orientation. We work with international students one-on-one – via email, phone, even Skype – to make the process of coming to MCC as simple and as personal as possible. We can even help you with immigration, visa and F-1 status questions.
Get in touch with our International Student Services Office today by contacting Assistant Director Audra Dion. You can email her directly at email@example.com or call our office at 585.292.3170 (please add your country’s dialing code). We look forward to helping you get to MCC!