A commuter student is a student who does not reside on campus but parks a vehicle on campus.
Commuter students who park a vehicle on the Downtown Campus are required to go on-line to their MCC parking account and request parking at the start of each semester. When students request parking, they are also required to register the license plate(s) of the vehicle(s) they will be parking on campus. Since all of our students do not park on campus, students do not get billed for parking until they actually request parking and register a vehicle.
Parking enforcement begins approximately 2 weeks following the start of the fall and spring semester to ensure students have time to register for parking. The Student Accounts Office receives payment for the parking registration. Any refund or credit for the parking registration will follow the Student Accounts Refund Schedule. The Parking Services Office receives payment for outstanding tickets.
You are able to register multiple vehicles on your parking account, however only one vehicle is allowed on campus at a time. Employees with students attending the College must obtain their own parking registration for their vehicle(s) even if the vehicle is shared. You may register by:
- Logging into your MCC account with your MCC network account and password.
- Select the “Students” tab.
- Select the “My Account” tab.
- Select “My Parking Account” located in the lower left box labeled “Student Accounts”.
- This will take you to your parking account.
- Select Order Permits to begin the parking registration process.
- When prompted, select the semester for which you are requesting. *Note- if you are a student the charge will be added to your student account.
- Select either “Vehicle Listed” (if applicable) or “Add a Vehicle” (have your vehicle registration available). All information requested is required to complete the transaction.
- Select “Confirm”
- Select “Add Permit to Cart”
- Select “Checkout”
The license plate number registered must be accurate in order for valid parking on campus.
If registering additional vehicles, please register them online in your parking account with the vehicle year, make, model (4 door/2 door), license plate, and color of vehicle.
You may also register additional vehicles in person by providing Parking Services with a photo ID, vehicle registration or picture of the vehicle's license plate.
Parking lot AA and CC are designated for commuter students on the Downtown Campus.
Fall registration is valid during intersession.
*Individuals without a fall transportation fee are required to pay for an intersession parking registration fee.