Center for Service Learning
Service-learning combines civic engagement with academic coursework in a way that benefits both the student and the community. At MCC, students participate in service projects that are tied to courses in English, Law and Criminal Justice, Sociology, Education, Marketing, Business, Art and other curricula. Our program:
- splits its focus between student academic activity and community needs;
- helps foster civic responsibility;
- offers a special diploma of distinction for students who complete 200 hours of service-learning and pass those courses with a 2.0 or above;
- includes structured time for students to reflect on the service experience;
- Our Mission;
- and offers so many more benefits!
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead
The Snowball Scholarship for Service-Learning will award $1,500 annually and may be awarded to one or more students. The scholarship award is applicable toward the Spring semester at Monroe Community College. For more information, see Benefits of Service-Learning.
Location & Contacts
Damon City Campus5th Floor, Room 5070