Immunization Requirements

New York State requires all matriculated students born after Jan 1, 1957 and taking 6 credits or more, to submit certain immunization records to the college. Students who do not have these vaccines (or the meningitis response form) on file with Health Services will be automatically withdrawn from classes. We want to help you to avoid this. The required vaccines are:



Proof of Two Measles, One Mumps, and One Rubella Vaccine.

To be acceptable, they must be live vaccinations given on or after your first birthday. These are usually given in childhood and listed as "MMR" vaccines. You do not have to repeat them for college entry.


Lab Test Results That Show You are Immune to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.

Your doctor may order this test or our office can give you a lab slip to get the test done. Tests done in the past are also acceptable.


Each student must provide:

A completed Meningococcal Vaccine Response Form declining the vaccine, after review of the Meningococcal Disease Fact Sheet


Proof of a meningitis ACWY vaccine within the past 5 years (may be listed as Menactra, Menveo, Menomune, MCV4 or MPV4 on your vaccine record).

Current recommendations state that all first-year college students, up to age 21 years, should have at least one dose of Meningococcal ACWY vaccine within five years of enrollment.

  • Locally, you can receive the vaccine at the Monroe County Immunization Clinic at 111 Westfall Road, Rochester, New York 14692. Call 585-753-5150 for hours.
  • Most private and federal/state insurance plans are required to cover the cost of meningitis vaccines for those who meet certain criteria. 
  • To learn more about meningococcal disease and the vaccine, please feel free to contact Health Services and/or consult your physician. More information about the disease can be found at the Centers for Disease Control website. 

How to Meet the Immunization Requirements

  1. Locate your vaccine records: Review them to make certain the required vaccines are listed. You can find the records at your high school, a previous college, a job in health care, military records or your doctor.
  2. Send the record to Health Services: with your student ID number and current name on each page, and a completed meningitis vaccination response form if your meningitis vaccine was given more than five years ago. 

    • The fax number is 585-292-3856, OR
    • You may email them(as a document or photo) to, OR 
    • Drop them off/mail them to Bldg 3-Room 165 (drop box outside the office).  

  3. You'll receive an automated email stating either:

    • That you have met the requirements OR
    • That you are still not "in compliance" with the NYS education law. In this case, please call us for assistance at 585-292-2018. We are here to help!

Immunization Forms

nurse and student