Department: Information and Computer Technologies
School: Business, Hospitality & Entrepreneurism
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Demonstrate the soft skills needed to be successful as an administrative assistant (office support) which may include: punctuality acceptance of personal responsibility teamwork skills expressing a positive attitude under stress effective customer service skills or other related skills.
2) Demonstrate effective oral communication skills both in person and on the telephone.
3) Write effectively in an office environment in a variety of modes.
4) Exhibit proficiency in using a variety of current office-based software which may include: desktop publishing applications spreadsheets databases word processing or computer-based technologies.
5) Express themselves professionally in a business environment using well-established rules of proper grammar and sentence construction.
6) Transcribe messages as required on the job.
7) Apply fundamentals of basic business mathematics to workplace needs.
8) Apply fundamentals of basic accounting to workplace needs.
9) Describe the role of an office support staff professional and the contribution of that professional to the success of the whole office environment.
For related jobs: careercoach.monroecc.edu
Occupational Resource: http://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
Algebra (1 year high school math or placement into Level 3 Math at MCC).