Info Ask a Question
Begin typing your question below. The system will attempt to find a matching answer for your question. If none of the responses answer your question to your satisfaction, please input your email address and a subject and submit your question. Please include your name in the Subject or Question areas. A Student Technology Help Desk representative will get back to you as soon as possible.
Advanced Search Search Topics
There are no subcategories in this category.
  • Top>>
  • Financial Aid(22)
1 Am I an independent or dependent student?

You are considered an independent student if you answer YES to at least one of the following: 1. You are considered an independent student if you answer YES to at least one of the following: 2. Are you 24 years of age prior to the start of the calendar year?…

2 Can Financial Aid be used to cover the cost of living in the MCC residence halls?

Students who are eligible to receive financial aid in excess of their tuition and fees, can use that excess financial aid to apply towards the residence hall housing charges. Students should be aware that they must apply for financial aid BEFORE March 15th,…

3 Do I have to apply for financial aid each year?

Yes, you must fill out the FAFSA once per academic year. Note that the new academic year begins with the summer term.

4 Do I need to submit copies of my tax return?

The Financial Aid office cannot accept copies of your (or your parents) Federal tax returns (i.e.- 1040, 1040EZ, 1040A). Some students may be required to submit a tax transcript which is obtained from the IRS. If you need to submit these forms you will be…

5 How can I pay for my books?

Book Credits are available beginning one week before classes begin for eligible students. We continue to give credits to students through the 3rd week of classes. The amount of the book credit is based on: - the number of credit hours a student is taking…

6 How do I apply for Financial Aid?

The first step to applying for financial aid is filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at If you are a NY state resident you should also complete the TAP application at You will receive next step…

7 How do I apply for scholarships?

The Financial Aid Office recommends that you explore all sources of financial assistance. Here is a link to FREE scholarship search services:

8 How do I get a loan?

There is not a separate loan application. The FAFSA is used to determine your loan eligibility as well as your potential Pell grant eligibility. The Financial Aid Office will let you know what loans you are eligible for.

9 How do I reach the Financial Aid office?

10 How does withdrawing from a course affect my Financial Aid?

Withdrawing from classes will affect you either in the current semester or in a future semester. You should think very carefully about your decision and speak with an Academic Advisor before making any decisions.

1 2 3 Next
Monroe Community College LogoInspiring every day.

1000 East Henrietta Road
Rochester, N.Y. 14623
Phone: 585.292.2000

Server 1