Info Ask a Question
Begin typing your question below. The system will attempt to find a matching answer for your question. If none of the responses answer your question to your satisfaction, please input your email address and a subject and submit your question. Please include your name in the Subject or Question areas. A Student Technology Help Desk representative will get back to you as soon as possible.
Advanced Search Search Topics
There are no subcategories in this category.
  • Top>>
  • Advisement(7)
1 How can I find out what classes I have left to graduate?

You can use your Degree Works degree evaluation to determine which classes you still need to complete your degree or certificate (Degree Works). Your department advisor or staff in the Academic Advisement Centers can also help with any questions you have…

2 I want to change my major/program. How and where do I do that?

On-line through myMCC: Log in using your full MCC Email Address and Password. Click on the Students tab. Click on the My Account sub-tab. Click on "Request a change of major" in the Academic Advising module. or in person: BRIGHTON CAMPUS: Academic Advisement…

3 Is dropping a class the same as withdrawing?

No. Students can drop a class without the course appearing on the student's academic record through the 3rd week of a semester and for a specified period of time for summer session classes. Once the drop period ends, students can submit a course withdrawal…

4 When can I register for next semester?

Currently enrolled students have an opportunity for priority registration generally starting in March for the fall semester and in October for the spring semester. Once the priority period concludes, new, transfer and readmitted students who have completed…

5 Who has access to my academic records?

The Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) prevents college personnel from disclosing confidential information about your academic record to anyone without your authorization.

6 Why do I have to take a non-credit course?

As a result of placement testing some students are required to take prepatory non credit English or Mathematics courses. The purpose is to help students strengthen skills in those areas so they will be successful in subsequent credit bearing coursework.

7 Will my advisor tell me what courses to take?

Your advisor will help you to clarify your educational, career and life goals and assist in selecting the most appropriate courses to meet your needs. Both students and advisors have important roles and responsibilities in the advising process.

Monroe Community College LogoInspiring every day.

1000 East Henrietta Road
Rochester, N.Y. 14623
Phone: 585.292.2000

Server 1