Info Ask a Question
Begin typing your question below. The system will attempt to find a matching answer for your question. If none of the responses answer your question to your satisfaction, please input your email address and a subject and submit your question. Please include your name in the Subject or Question areas. A Student Technology Help Desk representative will get back to you as soon as possible.
Advanced Search Search Topics
There are no subcategories in this category.
  • Top>>
  • Students with Disabilities(10)
1 How do I become registered with the Services for Students with Disabilities office? Featured

2 Does the Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) office provide personal services?

No, the SSD office provides reasonable accommodations and services in the academic setting. Students are responsible for personal services/costs related to aids or assistance of a personal nature such as wheelchairs, crutches, hearing aids, ownership of equipment…

3 How can I use accommodations when taking the Placement Test?

4 I sent in my documentation with my application. Did the Services for Students with Disabilities office receive it?

It is encouraged that your disability documentation is provided directly to the Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) office. Do not assume that a copy of your documentation was forwarded from another office. SSD is the only office on campus that…

5 If I think I may have a disability, can I receive testing in the Services for Students with Disabilities office to determine if I am eligible for accommodations?

No. The Services for Students with Disabilities office does not conduct testing or evaluations; however, we can offer you a list of local providers that do assess for various diagnoses/disorders. Please understand that there is a cost for these evaluations…

6 Is the application process different because I have a disability?

No, the application process is same for all students. With or without a disability, all applications are considered based on the same criteria.

7 Is there financial aid or scholarships available specifically for students with disabilities?

The Financial Aid Office at MCC is committed to assisting students and their families find financial resources to successfully afford the cost of going to college. The results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) along with the cost-of-education…

8 What documentation must be submitted to the Services for Students with Disabilties office?

9 What is a reasonable and appropriate accommodation?

A reasonable and appropriate accommodation is a modification or adjustment to a course, program, service, job, activity, or facility that enables a qualified individual with a disability to have equal access to opportunities as are all individuals without…

10 What laws apply to the Services for Students with Disabilities office?

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 are laws designed to ensure that disabled persons who are otherwise qualified for services have equal access to educational and employment opportunities.

Monroe Community College LogoInspiring every day.

1000 East Henrietta Road
Rochester, N.Y. 14623
Phone: 585.292.2000

Server 1