Welcome to the Monroe Community College policy website!
The MCC Board of Trustees takes seriously its obligation to create policies that align with and advance the College's educational mission and goals. In an effort to inform the College community of its policy determinations, the Board of Trustees will post approved policies on this web page.
Policies are reviewed on a regular basis and are listed under each category in chronological order by the date approved by the Board of Trustees. Policy content is the responsibility of the executive listed on the first page of each policy. Please contact the responsible office noted in the contact information on section near the end of the policy if you have any questions about interpretation or content.
To view MCC's individual policies, please access the documents' PDFs as provided below:
Chapter 1: Board of Trustees
Chapter 2: Administration
Policies impacting all College constituents.
- 2.1 Identity Theft Prevention Policy
- 2.2 Whistleblower
- 2.3 Investment
- 2.4 College Contracts
- 2.5 Shared Governance
- 2.6 Tobacco Free, Smoke-Free & Vape-Free
- 2.7 Freedom of Expression Policy
- 2.7P Assembly, Picketing and Demonstrations Procedure (currently under review)
- 2.8 Naming Opportunities
- 2.9 Americans with Disabilities Act and Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act
- 2.10 Sexual Harassment Response and Prevention Policy
- 2.11 Child Protection and Mandatory Child Abuse Reporting and Prevention Policy
- 2.12 Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy
- 2.13 Workplace Violence Policy
- 2.14 College Administration
- 2.15 Copyright and Faculty Ownership of Intellectual Property Policy
- 2.16 Media Relations Policy
- 2.17 Transfer and Prior Learning Credit Policy
- 2.18 Surplus Property Policy
- 2.19 Procurement Policy
- 2.20 Freedom of Information Law Policy
Chapter 4: Human Resources
Policies impacting working relationships with the College for all employee groups.
- 4.1 Conflict of Interest Policy for College Officers and Non-Contract Employees
- 4.2 MCC Employees and Visitor Conduct
- 4.3 Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- 4.4 Cyber Security Awareness and Education
- 4.5 Animals at the College Policy
- 4.6 Nepotism Policy
- 4.7 Consensual Relationships Policy
Chapter 5: Public Safety
Policies related to emergency systems, police practices, general safety and environmental issues.
Chapter 6: Students
Policies impacting the students relationship with the College.
Chapter 7: Technology
Policies that cover systems, access, data, and related issues.
- 7.1 MCC Acceptable Use of College Technology Policy
- 7.2 Password Policy
- 7.3 Information Technology Security