COVID-19 Booster Verification Now Required for Students Engaging In Person
Dear MCC Student,
Protecting the health and well-being of our students and employees remains MCC’s foremost priority. Vaccination is still the most effective defense against COVID-19. Given the threat of the virus, the surge in COVID cases in Monroe County, and recently updated state and SUNY guidance, eligible MCC students are now required to verify receipt of a COVID-19 booster.
MCC students registered for spring 2022 in-person classes or participating in on-campus activities or services must:
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., completed a one- or two-shot series depending on the vaccine);
- Have had at least one vaccine dose and have been granted a temporary medical accommodation to complete any vaccine series or booster; or
- Have been granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Plus, get a COVID-19 booster shot once they are eligible.
Students who do not meet spring 2022 COVID-19 vaccination requirements (not including boosters) by 11:59 p.m. Friday, January 14, 2022 will be removed from in-person courses. This may affect financial aid eligibility. All tuition/fee refunds are subject to MCC’s Refund Schedule and accordingly students may not receive a full refund.
If you already received or are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster you must verify receipt of a booster as soon as possible using the Student Health Services Portal. Eligibility is determined based on CDC guidelines (typically five or six months after completing a primary COVID-19 vaccine series).
Next Steps Toward Completing the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
If you have not previously verified your vaccination status, are ready to submit booster verification, or were not previously granted a medical or religious exemption through MCC Health Services during the fall 2021 semester:
- Submit a scan of your vaccination card or your application for medical or religious exemption to the Student Health Services Portal.
- If you are taking classes at the Public Safety Training Facility, call (585) 753-3800 with questions or concerns regarding your specific program.
- If you are participating in noncredit or off-site training through the MCC Economic and Workforce Development Center/Corporate College, call (585) 685-6004 with questions or concerns regarding your specific program.
Need a COVID-19 vaccination? Vaccinations and boosters are free and available at MCC.
Vaccine Exemption for Online and Remote Classes
Verification of COVID-19 vaccination is not required for students taking all online or remote classes. If you plan to take all online or remote classes during the spring semester and do not submit verification of vaccination against COVID-19, you must complete the attestation, found in the Student Health Services Portal, stating that you will not participate in on-campus activities or services during the spring semester.
Thank you for properly wearing a mask (covering nose and mouth) inside MCC buildings and in public spaces throughout our community. Check MCC’s website for updates.
Academic & Student Services