Automotive Technologies at MCC encompasses four separate programs, three of which lead to an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree, and one that leads to a Certificate of Completion. All four programs combine on-the-job training with classroom instruction to prepare students for careers as automotive technicians. As the automotive industry advances with sophisticated technology, employment opportunities will continue to increase for technicians who are more highly skilled than mechanics of the past.
Within five to nine semesters, the student completes their degree and works in the industry as an automotive technician. The program is demanding and students must be willing to commit themselves to both work and study.
Automotive Information Sessions
Attendance at an Automotive information session is required before beginning any of the four Automotive programs. Informational meetings are held detailing admissions requirements, individual program details, job opportunities, a tour of the facilities and scholarship availability. Students must have a high school diploma or equivalency and a valid driver's license for these programs. Recommended courses include mathematics, physics or physical science, and computer familiarity.
Tuition assistance paperwork and information on grants and loans are available by calling the Financial Aid office at (585) 292-2050. Please allow at least eight weeks for processing. Students are encouraged to plan accordingly.
- Multi-Manufacturer Automotive: Combination daytime and evening classes. Students may start either Fall or Spring. Five semesters rotating between full-time coursework with cooperative work experiences.
- General Motors Automotive Service Educational Program (GM ASEP): offered daytime, 5 semesters rotating full-time coursework and co-op.
- Toyota/Lexus Technical Education Network (T-TEN): offered daytime, 5 semesters rotating between full-time coursework and co-op.
- Automotive Technology Apprentice Program (ATAP): offered evenings, 2 years part-time coursework, includes 4 semesters of co-op.
- Toyota/Lexus Technical Education Network (T-TEN) offered daytime, 5 semesters rotating between full-time coursework and co-op.
Location & Contacts
Applied Technologies Center
2485 W. Henrietta Road
Rochester, NY 14623
Fax: (585) 292-3858