We are organized into three main areas:
1. Traditional Physical Plant Functions
- Building Repairs: Twenty-one people who work two shifts and “fix things” such as plumbing and electrical items, and who do carpentry, painting and other maintenance jobs (i.e. Maintenance Repair Orders - MRO’s).
- Grounds: Ten people who take care of all 300 acres of campus landscaping, parking lots, roads, and the equipment necessary to do this huge job.
2. Engineering Services
- Traditional engineering functions: Project management, project design, architecture, campus drawings and sketches, and Facilities computer support. We have four people in this area.
- Operating Engineers: nine people who work on all our mechanical building systems, such as heating and air conditioning.
3. Building Services
- Housekeeping: Forty-nine people who do all the cleaning and event set-ups for the campus, work two shifts, and keep the campus interior looking nice.