School: Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)CIP Code: 01.0401
The certificate offers students the fundamental knowledge and skills required to perform tasks and responsibilities that support the agricultural and food related industry from farm to fork. Task and responsibilities include food quality, food safety, supervision, communication, inventory management, documentation, team skills, and problem solving skills.
(Housed in the Biology Department)
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Identify and describe a variety of educational and career opportunities in the agriculture and food related industry.
2. Identify and explain the presence and impact of food pathogens and contaminants at various points of food production.
3. Explain and apply principles of food safety and sanitation.
4. Describe and assess issues related to food quality assurance.
5. Communicate effectively using terms and knowledge related to agriculture and food production.
6. Solve problems related to agriculture and food production.
7. Work effectively in team building environments.
8. Document work related information involving agriculture and food related processes.
Requirements for Program Entrance
High school graduate or high school equivalency diploma.
|FIRST SEMESTER: 12 Credit Hours|
|AGS 150 General Microbiology for Food and Agriculture||4|
|ENG 101 College Composition OR ENG 200 Advanced Composition||3|
|CRC 125 Microsoft Office||4|
|AGS 101 Introduction to Agriculture||1|
|SECOND SEMESTER: 12 Credit Hours|
|BUS 135 Supervising for the 21st Century||3|
|SPC 141 Interpersonal Speech Communication||3|
|SUS 101 Introduction to Sustainability||3|
|AGS 200 Food and Agriculture Problem Solving - Behavioral Applications||3|