The Honors Institute is the home for MCC's most academically talented and highly motivated students.
The Institute's emphasis on personal connection and community within the larger college affords students the opportunity to develop a personal mentor relationship with an Honors faculty member that will last until they complete their degree at MCC. This is characteristic of the highest quality liberal arts colleges -- a level of attention that prominent national universities seldom afford their undergraduates.
- Small-sized honors courses taught by professors who have won awards for excellent teaching
- Personal mentoring and advising by Honors professors. Honors mentors will assist students in selecting courses, transferring to four-year colleges, and securing scholarships
- Access to award-winning and imaginative faculty mentors who work together to craft specialized learning experiences
- Unique curriculum and off-campus events such as:
- film festivals at The Little Theater,
- trips to The National Women's Rights Hall of Fame, Rochester Zen Center, and others, and
- history and art tours of the City of Rochester
- An active student club. Visit our Facebook page.
- Students who complete the Institute requirements graduate with a SUNY-registered Certificate in Honors Studies in addition to their degree of choice