If a student feels he or she has an extenuating circumstance which justifies an exception to the refund policy, he or she may appeal to the Tuition Refund Committee in the following manner:
Drop/add refund dates are widely publicized. Therefore, appeals based on lack of awareness of the dates will not be reviewed.
- The Tuition Refund Committee will review appeals received no later than 120 days from the end of the term in which the course was offered.
- Appeals received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
- All requests must be submitted in writing to the Tuition Refund Committee and must include supporting documentation ( e.g. copies of registration form, drop/add forms, medical verification) and the Tuition Refund Appeal Form.
- Appeals received without the proper documentation and form will not be reviewed.
- Appeals must be made by the student. Appeals made “on behalf of” a student will not be reviewed.
The Committee’s decisions are final
Criteria for Appeals
The Tuition Refund Committee does NOT, under any circumstances, take phone calls. All appeals MUST be submitted in writing.
- Death in the student's immediate family (parent, sibling, offspring, spouse).
- Unforeseen Medical incapacitation.
- Military Duty - orders must accompany appeal