Tuition and Fees
Tuition Refund Appeals Process
If a student feels he or she has an extenuating circumstance that justifies an exception to the refund policy, he or she may file a tuition appeal in the following manner:
- Appeals must be received no later than 120 days from the end of the term in which the course was offered.
- Appeals received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
- All requests must be submitted in writing and must include supporting documentation (e.g. drop/add forms, medical verification, obituary) and the Tuition Refund Appeal Form.
- Appeals received without the proper documentation and form will not be reviewed.
- Appeals must be made by the student. Appeals made “on behalf of” a student will not be reviewed (unless the student is unable to submit an appeal due to incapacitation).
Drop/add refund dates are widely publicized. Therefore, appeals based on lack of awareness of the dates will not be reviewed.
ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL
Criteria for Appeals
- Death in the student’s immediate family (parent, sibling, offspring, spouse).
- Unforeseen medical incapacitation.
- Military Duty – orders must accompany appeal
Appeals cannot be done via phone. All appeals MUST be submitted in writing.