Academic Transcript Request

A student may request an official transcript by:

Request transcripts online.

• Download a request form.

• Complete a transcript application form available at the Registration & Records Office at the Brighton campus or the Student Services Office at the Damon City Campus

• Write a letter to the Registration & Records Office stating your name, M number or last 4 digits of your SSN, date of birth and location where you would like us to mail the official academic transcript. This letter must be signed by the student making the request. Send correspondence to:

Registration & Records
Monroe Community College
1000 East Henrietta Road
Rochester, NY 14623

If a student has an outstanding debt to the college, transcripts will not be released until full payment is made.

SUNY Policy on Transcript Notations

Legislation requires that for crimes of violence, including, but not limited to sexual violence, defined as crimes that meet the reporting requirements pursuant to the federal Clery Act established in 20 U.S.C. 1092(f)(1)(F)(i)(I)-(VIII), institutions shall make a notation on the transcript of students found responsible after a conduct process that they were “suspended after a finding of responsibility for a code of conduct violation” or “expelled after a finding of responsibility for a code of conduct violation.”

For the respondent who withdraws from the institution while such conduct charges are pending and declines to complete the disciplinary process, Monroe Community College shall make a notation on the transcript of such students that they “withdrew with conduct charges pending.” Students may appeal seeking removal of the transcript notation for a suspension by contacting the Office of the Vice President of Student Services. Transcript notations shall not be removed prior to one year after conclusion of the suspension. If a finding of responsibility is vacated, for any reason, any such transcript notation shall be removed. Transcript notations identifying expulsion are permanent and shall not be removed and will remain a permanent record within the academic transcript.

Academic Hold on Student Record

A “hold” may be placed on a student’s academic record for various reasons, including:

• non-payment of tuition and fees

• not returning library books, physical education and other college equipment

• not satisfying the measles, mumps, rubella immunization requirement

• non-payment of parking obligations and fines

• academic reasons - Students with less than a 2.25 average may not register for future semesters unless they receive academic advisement.

Most “holds” prevent release of the student’s academic transcript until the obligation has been resolved. All financial obligations must be satisfied before he student can register for another semester.