FSA 107 - Menu Planning
A hands-on approach to planning, creating, and maintaining effective menus. Discussions include menu items and placement, food costing and creative menu designs for visual appeal. Menu planning and design software may be utilized. Three class hours.
Prerequisite: MCC math placement level 2 or higher, or TRS 092 with a grade of C or higher.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss various aspects of the food service industry from a menu planning perspective
2. Demonstrate menu item placement and how it affects the marketability of the product
3. Explain how use of the menu in a food service environment impacts on ordering and hiring needs
4. Employ principles and techniques of food costing
5. Determine the menu applications based on information from demographic studies
6. Evaluate various potential customers and their needs, wants, and desires
7. Create a menu
Course Offered Fall and Spring