HED 207 - Emotional Wellness
This course is an examination of emotional, spiritual, social and mental wellness. The course will emphasize primary and secondary prevention strategies as they relate to the dimension(s) of health previously mentioned. Topics include Self-Esteem, Self- Efficacy, Empowerment, Happiness, Anger and Anger Management, Relationships, Life Goals, and Self-Actualization. Three class hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop primary or secondary strategies for the enhancement of personal emotional wellness.
2. Discriminate between developing a character strength and a specific talent or ability in the pursuit of happiness.
3. Justify physical activity as an evidence-based emotional regulation technique.
4. Analyze value-based behavioral decision-making.
5. Create a holistic evidence-based emotional self-care plan incorporating all of the dimensions of health covered in this course.
Course Offered Fall and Spring