PLE 102 - Police Proficiencies and Procedures
This course focuses on the proficiencies and procedures applied through critical thinking techniques and hands-on development. Analytical, investigative techniques are developed. Application of the scientific method to criminal and traffic investigation is developed. Firearms training, Emergency vehicle operation, and emergency medical service skills are developed. Intermediate defensive tactics skills and intermediate physical fitness training and wellness including a mid-test are further developed. Forty class hours. Must be a sworn police officer or peace officer employed or sponsored by a law enforcement agency.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate appropriate emergency vehicle driving skills under varying conditions.
2. Apply scientific methods to criminal and traffic investigations.
3. Apply basic emergency medical skills in crisis situations.
4. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of firearms.
5. Demonstrate intermediate-level defensive tactics skills.
6. Demonstrate intermediate-level physical fitness levels.
Course Offered Fall only