PPE 214 - Early Childhood Physical Education
Early childhood games and activities will be introduced and practiced. The emphasis of this course will be the contribution of games and activities to the cognitive, social, and psychomotor development of children. Online sections of this class require observation time at formal school and informal activity settings. Three class hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop age appropriate lessons for pre K-4th grade.
2. Demonstrate classroom management skills that will help the efficiency of teaching methods for the younger age group.
3. Demonstrate rhythmic skills through a jump rope program that can be applied in a classroom.
4. Evaluate elementary procedures through observation hours.
5. Implement appropriate safety procedures for lessons in the gymnasium and outdoor facilities.
6. Demonstrate how to use developmental games in a physical educational setting to reinforce skill development.
Course Offered Spring only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2016