New and Updated Course Descriptions
PHY 105 - Automotive Physics
The objective of this course is to provide automotive technicians with an understanding of the physical principles that apply to the automotive systems that they must maintain and repair. Topics will include mechanics, gases, fluids, heat transfer, thermodynamics, electricity, magnetism, and electronics. Proper use of measurement equipment and data acquisition systems will be stressed. (SUNY-NS). Course offered Fall and Spring
Prerequisite: Permission of the Automotive Technology Program Coordinator.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the physical principles that govern the function of common automotive components.
2. Explain how automotive components function using physical concepts.
3. Solve for an unknown variable in a word problem involving a physical concept related to an automotive component or system.
4. Accurately record data using physics equipment.
5. Perform an experiment.
6. Assemble a mechanical apparatus.
7. Measure the electrical properties of circuitry.
8. Perform precise calculations using experimental data.
9. Draw conclusions from experimental results.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2017
Spring Semester 2018