New and Updated Course Descriptions
XRT 114 - Imaging Procedures 1
This course introduces students to basic radiography principles as they apply to imaging procedures. Positioning terminology, landmarks and basic positioning procedures are covered. The laboratory experiences provide students the opportunity to practice hands-on positioning and be evaluated on early positioning skills. Four class hours.. Course offered Fall only
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Utilize positioning terminology.
2. Position the appendicular skeleton correctly for imaging procedures.
3. Position the chest correctly for imaging procedures.
4. Position the abdomen correctly for imaging procedures.
5. Utilize appropriate positioning landmarks for imaging procedures.
6. Select the appropriate image receptors.
7. Select technical factors for the study being performed.
8. Apply correct radiation safety practices.
Course Offered Fall only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2017
Spring Semester 2018