New and Updated Course Descriptions
TOY 196 - Steering and Suspension
An in-depth study of adjustable and non-adjustable alignment measurements with emphasis on proper alignment techniques, methods of adjustment, and complete 4-wheel alignment, including: manual and power steering system diagnosis and repair, complete suspension system service including coil spring, torsion bar, and MacPherson struts. Course offered Summer only
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe steering systems.
2. Service steering systems.
3. Diagnose steering systems.
4. Repair steering systems.
5. Describe suspension systems.
6. Service suspension systems.
7. Diagnose suspension systems.
8. Repair suspension systems.
9. Describe wheel alignment.
10. Diagnose wheel alignment.
11. Adjust wheel alignment.
12. Describe wheel and tire systems.
13. Service wheel and tire systems.
14. Diagnose wheel and tire concerns.
15. Repair wheel and tire concerns.
Course Offered Summer only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2017
Spring Semester 2018