Because parents are the experts on their own children, we believe their active involvement on this board will help ensure better care.
- Four parents (one of an infant, one of a 2-year-old, one of a 3-year-old, one of a 4-year-old)
- A member of the Student Senate
- The child care center director
- A child care center staff member
- A curriculum-oriented MCC faculty member
- A person from college facilities
- Two members from the community
To serve in an advisory capacity to the MCC Association Inc., which has decision-making power.
To attend bimonthly meetings and to represent their respective groups in advising on policies, practices, and procedures.
To recommend policy changes or additions:
- Recommend fee increases.
- Recommend program changes and additions.
- Handle the annual center evaluation by parents.
- Give input on the center's budget.
- Plan and manage special events for the center.
- Help set annual goals for the center.
- Serve on staff selection committee at the request of the director when deemed necessary.
- Recruit volunteers.
- Recommend additions to services that the center offers.
- Serve as representative to the community and to the general MCC child care center parent population.