Student Writing Contest
MCC's 50th Annual Student Writing Contest is sponsored by the English / Philosophy Department. Tuition Credit Prizes of $50 and $100 will be awarded at a Prestigious Awards Event. Winners will be published in MCC's Cabbages & Kings. Entry forms will be distributed by department faculty or by registering with the link below.
- Callan Award - A thesis-driven research essay (not to exceed 4,000 words)
- Rice Award - A creative nonfiction essay (not to exceed 2,000 words)
- Cooney Award - An essay that analyzes / explicates one or more works of literature (not to exceed 2,000 words)
- McMurry Award - A thesis-driven essay in philosophy (not to exceed 2,000 words)
Fiction & Poetry
- Langlois Award - A piece of short fiction (not to exceed 3,000 words)
- Cloos-Susskind Award - A single poem (not to exceed 60 lines)
Registration & Questions
Submissions are due by Noon, Friday, March 25, 2022.