- We communicate regularly with your student through their MCC student email. Your student is responsible for checking this email account to stay abreast of what is happening. Not checking their student email does not excuse them from responsibility for any information that we communicate through this means.
- There are almost always financial implications if your student decides to leave housing, especially if they are missing deadlines and not responding to notifications. Before any decision is made to leave housing, your student should speak to someone in the Housing and Residence Life Office. Additionally, any requests to leave housing must be made in writing.
- All students must register their vehicle with the Parking Office Bldg 7, Room 341.
- If your student is experiencing issues in housing, there is an expected way for them to report:
- Emergencies: Should immediately go to Public Safety (585) 292-2911
- Non Emergencies:
- Attempt to resolve with Resident Assistant (RA) intervention
- If RA does not resolve, student should go to the Resident Director (RD)
- If the RD does not resolve, student should come to Housing Office and speak to the Assistant Director
- Students should always lock their bedroom and suite doors. Thefts do occur when students leave valuables in the open or fail to lock their doors. The college is not responsible for replacing any stolen items.
- Student mail is delivered right to the student's building. This is great - a care package is delivered almost right to their door. HOWEVER:
- DO NOT SEND ANY MAIL OVER NIGHT. It will not arrive to your student the next day. Mail comes to Henrietta -> then the college -> then the Housing & Residence Life Office -> THEN goes to your student's building. It takes 1-2 extra days for delivery.
- DO NOT SEND PERISHABLES. For the same reason, mail takes awhile to reach us in our office and then another day to reach your student. While we know your students benefit from receiving frozen foods and treats, sometimes we end up with leaky packages and your student receives them wrapped in plastic bags..
- The residence halls are very diverse. We ask that you and your student prepare for this experience and arrive with an open mind and a desire to learn about others.
- Not sure about something? Call us. We love to talk to parents and answer your questions! You are a significant part of your student's lives and we would like to make your experience as positive as possible also.
We invite you to review our policy manual and the housing license agreement for more specific information regarding policies in the residence halls. These are also located under the Policy Manual tab of this website.
If you haven't already, apply for Financial Aid. For aid to be in place by July 20 when bills are due, you need to complete the FAFSA application ASAP. It is highly recommended that you complete FAFSA at the same time you complete your tax return.
February -March: Guaranteed housing application process for students currently in housing. Students should complete application, select roommates and select housing during this time.
January 18, 2020: Housing application opens for general population at 9:00am. General Population students do not select roommates or rooms. Assignments are based on answers to housing application to pair students. Placements are based upon application date and time.
April: Placement emails for students in general population go out and then will go out every week on Thursdays. Responses are due 10 calendar days following the placement email.
August 24, 2020-NEW Student Move-in from 10am-3pm
NEW Student Orientation - Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 11am
August 25, 2020-RETURNING Student Move-in from 10am-3pm
Thanksgiving Break: Residence Halls close on Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 5pm. Residence Halls re-open Sunday, November 29, 2020 at 10am.
December 1: Deadline for students to tell us they are not returning for Spring semester without penalty. ANY request to be released from housing after this date will have financial implications. Your student SHOULD know where they stand academically two weeks prior to finals.
Fall 2020 Semester Close: Friday, December 18, 2020. Residence halls close for semester break at 10:00am. ALL STUDENTS MUST VACATE during this break. Halls re-open for spring semester on Monday, January 18, 2020 at 10am.
January 20, 2020 Residence Halls open for Spring semester 10:00am-3:00pm
January 21, 2020 Spring classes begin
February 14, 2020 Residence Halls close at 5:00pm for Winter Recess
February 16-23, 2020 Winter Recess
February 23, 2020 Residence Halls reopen at 10:00am
April 3, 2020 Residence Halls close at 5:00pm for Spring Break
April 5-12, 2020 Spring Recess
April 12, 2020 Residence Halls reopen at 10:00am from Spring Break
May 23, 2020 Residence Halls close at 10:00am for Spring Semester