OPT 151 - Optical Instruments and Testing
Concepts developed in OPT 131 are applied to the study of illumination and photometry, colorimetry, testing techniques for optical components and systems including the eye, telescope, microscope, photographic systems and optical methods of dimensional measurement.
Prerequisite: OPT 131.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe the properties of optical systems.
2. Demonstrate the proper use of equipment for optical testing.
3. Create a Keplerian telescope.
4. Create a Galilean telescope.
5. Build a microscope.
6. Calculate the magnification for a given microscope.
7. Create detailed laboratory reports that convey understanding of optical systems.
8. Test optical components following established guidelines.
9. Analyze optical components test data for defects and aberrations.
10. Create multi element optical systems.
11. Utilize appropriate computer technology.
Course Offered Spring