CRC 120 - Introduction to Health Information Processing
A study of information technology concepts as they relate to health information. Topics include an overview of information processing concepts and computer hardware and software. Learning and lab activities involve use of the Internet and Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint, as used in health care related settings.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe electronic input, processing, and output in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint and the Internet as used in health care-related settings.
2. Describe current and potential applications of computers in health care information.
3. Apply file management concepts using the Windows operating system.
4. Create various documents in Microsoft Word.
5. Create an electronic spreadsheet that includes formulas, functions, and charts.
6. Create a database that incorporates queries, forms, and reports.
7. Create a presentation utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint and Internet resources.
Course Offered Spring