HSP 211 - Hospitality Law
A study of the laws impacting the hospitality industry. Topics include An Introduction to Law, Court Systems, Civil Rights Law, Employment Law, Contracts, Torts, Regulations Governing the Sale of Food and Alcohol, Responsibility for Guests' Property, Legal Rights of Innkeepers and Restaurateurs, and Casino Law.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the different jurisdictions of the various courts in New York State or the federal court system.
2. Identify what constitutes discrimination in employment.
3. Describe remedial action an employer can take when faced with allegations of discrimination.
4. Apply the legal principles to practical hospitality situations.
5. Create an enforceable contract.
6. Discuss the hospitality facility's liability when guests' property is lost or stolen while on the premises.
7. Describe how to foresee and avoid legal difficulties in the hospitality business world or in personal dealings.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2022