PEW 148 - Fitness for Women
A course designed to provide a complete fitness experience specifically for women. The content includes the assessment of present fitness level and the development and practice of a balanced, individualized physical fitness program. The emphasis of the course is the specialized needs of women in relation to fitness and exercise, the responses of women to exercise, and the special problems faced by women in fitness activities. The online section(s) of this class require outside physical activity and testing.
MCC General Education: MCC-HW - Health and Wellness (MHW)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify and explain the components of physical fitness as it specifically relates to women in occupations and their varying lifestyles.
2. Analyze the results of pre- and post-physical fitness screening.
3. Identify the basic principles of women's physical health, which could include, for example: cardiofitness, musculoskeletal training and fat/weight control.
4. Apply the principles of physical fitness through participation in a monitored exercise program.
5. List the benefits of physical fitness.
6. Demonstrate the ability to work with others in the implementation and application of a fitness program.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023