CPT 125 - Physical Security
This course focuses on the design and implementation of network physical security policies and mechanisms. Physical security is the protection of personnel, hardware, programs, networks, and data from physical circumstances and events that could cause serious losses or damage to an enterprise, agency, or institution. This includes protection from fire, natural disasters, burglary, theft, vandalism, and terrorism.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop and implement access control mechanisms.
2. Demonstrate how obstacles can be placed in the way of potential attackers.
3. Explain how sites can be hardened against accidents and environmental disasters.
4. Develop strategies for surveillance and notification systems.
5. Develop physical security methods that can be used to apprehend attackers.
6. Develop strategies to recover quickly from accidents, fires, or natural disasters.
Course Offered Fall, Spring