ARA 102 - Elementary Arabic II
Continuation of ARA 101 with emphasis on basic language skills for communication and on cultural aspects to promote understanding and appreciation of the Arabic culture. Student participation, group discussion and the use of digital media are essential elements of the course.
Prerequisite: ARA 101 or equivalent or permission of instructor. Memory and length of time since last studied are factors in successful placement.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-FL - Foreign Language (SFRL)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-BCO - Speaking (MBCO)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately ask (or respond in Arabic to) questions dealing with one or more of the following topics: food preferences and tastes, leisure activities, family relationships, or education.
2. Write grammatically correct sentences in Arabic.
3. Answer questions after listening to Arabic-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
4. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
5. Identify facts and cultural traditions associated with Arabic-speaking countries.
6. Identify the cultural perspectives associated with the natural environment and resources, Islamic traditions, or present-day life in the Arab countries.
Course Offered Fall, Spring