CIT 221 - Cost Estimating
An introduction to cost estimating of a construction project. Topics include generating preliminary cost estimates from early phase design drawings and specifications, and estimating techniques used to prepare a final bid for a project, including quantity take offs, material pricing, and labor costs.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Perform a specification takeoff in preparation for quantity takeoff.
2. Identify types of bids and their use.
3. Apply appropriate type of cost estimate by contract type.
4. Perform quantity takeoff for site work, concrete, wood, steel, and masonry construction, plus finish items.
5. Apply direct cost of materials to quantity takeoffs to determine the materials cost of a project.
6. Apply labor costs to quantity takeoffs to determine the labor cost of a project.
7. Determine direct job overhead applicable to a construction project.
8. Use computer applications to compile and organize a construction estimate.
Course Offered Spring