DEN 123 - Oral Pathology I
A brief introduction to principles of general pathology and inflammation. Students will learn to identify and describe normal and abnormal oral soft tissue lesions. Emphasis will be on pathology of oral mucosa, dental tissues and related structures. Developmental anomalies of teeth and anatomical variation of oral soft tissues will be studied; also systemic diseases and their oral manifestations.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of all previous semesters DEN courses with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the process of preliminary diagnosis of oral lesions.
2. Describe the inflammatory process.
3. Describe the reparative process.
4. Define immunity in relation to immunologic oral lesions.
5. Differentiate between infectious diseases such as bacterial, fungal and viral.
6. Identify developmental disorders that affect the oral facial structures.
Course Offered Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2020