CIT 101 - Surveying
An introduction to plane surveying techniques, including distance measurement, note keeping, leveling, angle measurement, care and use of instruments, traversing, stadia, topographic surveys, and mapping.
Prerequisite/corequisite: MTH 135
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate the correct techniques for chaining.
2. Solve angular measurement problems in bearing and azimuths.
3. Correctly utilize the following surveying instruments: compass, levels, transit, and theodolite.
4. Perform differential leveling and setting grades.
5. Construct and utilize a traverse.
Course Offered Fall