HUM 210 - Disability Across the Lifespan-Strategies
The course provides a basic understanding in the identification, prevalence and characteristics of individuals with disabilities across the life span. Additionally, the course will review legal mandates and historical movements that have shaped and defined the disability community today. Students will explore resources that will assist them in working with individuals with disabilities across the lifespan.
New SUNY General Education:
SUNY - Social Sciences
MCC General Education: MCC-CT - Critical Thinking (MCT), MCC-SCI - Scientific Reasoning (MSCI), MCC-SSD - Social Science and Diversity (MSSD)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss basic terms in the disability field.
2. Describe concerns in the disability field.
3. State strategies to assist individuals with disabilities and families.
4. Select relevant resources for individuals with disabilities and families.
5. Develop recommendations and strategies for individuals with disabilities and their families.
6. Complete observational research of the experiences of an individual with disabilities.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023