GER 203 - Intermediate German I
Communication skills in German for students with foundational experience in the language. Cultural topics are included in the development of practical language skills of listening comprehension, speaking, reading and writing.
Prerequisite(s): GER 102, or successful completion of high school German 4, the equivalent, or permission of the instructor.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-FL - Foreign Language (SFRL)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-BCO - Speaking (MBCO), MCC-GLO - Global Understanding (MGLO)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately ask in German (or respond to) questions dealing with past, present, or future events.
2. Write grammatically correct sentences in German using compound verb tenses and relative clauses.
3. Present an oral report in German with information contained in newspapers or other mass-market publications.
4. Answer questions in German concerning a specific reading passage.
5. Identify cultural traditions associated with German-speaking countries.
Course Offered Fall