THE 142 - Musical Theatre Rehearsal and Performance
Rehearsal and performance of a musical theatrical production. Students will be required to successfully pass an audition and be cast in a full-length musical production that will be performed for a public audience. May be repeated 4 times for 12 credits.
Prerequisite: Audition or permission from the Instructor.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-A - The Arts (SART)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate effective performance practices at an audition for one of the college's musical theatre productions.
2. Analyze and develop character according to dramatic action of the play while discerning effective tactics, objectives and motivation.
3. Demonstrate effective, professional techniques in both rehearsals and performances.
4. Adjust personal performance according to director’s concept.
5. Describe the hierarchy of a theatrical production including the responsibilities of the director, musical director, stage manager, technical director, actor, and technical staff.
6. Work effectively and professionally with members of the theatre hierarchy.
Course Offered Fall, Spring