ENG 251 - Technical Communication
Concentration on the writing and speaking skills necessary for the technologies. Emphasis is on preparation, organization, audience, and the effective use of format, supplements, and visuals. Accuracy, clarity, economy, and precision are stressed, for both written and oral assignments.
Prerequisite: ENG 101 with a grade of C or better or ENG 200 with a grade of C or better. *These courses do not fulfill the requirements for a Literature elective.
Learning Attributes: WR
MCC General Education: MCC-IL - Information Literacy (MIL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze the rhetorical context of a technical communications task about technology.
2. Compose, with appropriate communications technology, written or oral communication about a specific technology appropriate to the audience’s level of discipline-specific, technology knowledge.
3. Use document design tools and technology to allow readers to access and understand information easily.
4. Create documents about specific technologies that follow appropriate, technology-specific formats.
5. Create precise, concise technical documents appropriate to communication about a specific technology.
6. Create technical documents appropriate to communication about a specific technology that are relatively free of mechanical errors.
7. Evaluate identified information sources using appropriate database technology for integrity and reliability.
8. Analyze information about specific technologies from disparate information sources.
9. Incorporate disparate information sources about specific technologies into technical communication using appropriate communication technology.
10. Use appropriate source citation methods.
11. Deliver an effective presentation using appropriate presentation technology.