HIS 112 - United States History II - since 1865
A survey of the reconstruction of the nation after the Civil War, the rise of industrial and urban dominance, the struggles affecting agriculture, industry and labor, the growth of the American empire, and the increasing role of government in American life.
Learning Attributes: WR
SUNY General Education: SUNY-AH - American History (SAMH)
MCC General Education: MCC-SSD - Social Science and Diversity (MSSD)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss the economic development within the United States.
2. Describe various forms of social organization and social movements.
3. Discuss the pursuit of and challenges to freedom.
4. Discuss selected wars during this era.
5. Articulate the various domestic and foreign ideological struggles during the time period.
6. Explain the ideas of global integration, global migration (demographic shift) or global conflict.
7. Assess the growth and role of the federal government.
8. Describe a variety of cultural developments during this era.
9. Utilize writing to communicate an understanding, application, analysis or evaluation of history.
Course Offered Fall, Spring