PHO 213 - Studio Photography
This course is designed to introduce the student to an advanced production of color digital photographs. Utilizing a strong studio component, the application of large format cameras and electronic strobe lighting will be explored in a variety of settings, including portraiture, illustration, and commercial assignments.
Prerequisite: COM 106 or PHO 106 or COM 113 or PHO 113 or permission of instructor
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-TL - Technological Literacy (MTL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify variations in color temperature.
2. Manage the variations of incorrect or mixed color temperatures in photographic images.
3. Demonstrate proper operation of studio strobe lighting equipment for photographic imagery.
4. Utilize the view camera perspective controls to produce professional photographic imagery.
5. Demonstrate correct handling, exposure, and proper techniques for digitally scanning color film.
6. Utilize the studio equipment for editorial photography.
7. Utilize the studio equipment for conceptual photography.
8. Critique images through group critiques.
Course Offered Spring