PEC 123 - Introduction to Kayaking
An introduction to the lifetime activity of kayaking. Developing and implementing alternative methods for achieving health and wellness through the development of skills and development of a fitness plan. This course will cover equipment components needed to kayak safely as well as basic strokes, reading the river, rescue techniques, and how to roll a kayak.
MCC General Education: MCC-HW - Health and Wellness (MHW)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate proficiency in the lifetime sport of kayaking at the beginning whitewater and beginning coastal kayaking skills levels.
2. Develop and list alternative outlets using kayaking to address stress management for their future benefits.
3. Demonstrate and practice the sport of kayaking to help achieve health and wellness both now and in the future.
4. Analyze and recognize situations that are safe or dangerous when participating in water sports specifically kayaking.
5. Integrate the fitness concepts presented into a fitness program based on the lifetime sport/activity of kayaking.
Course Offered Fall, Spring