PPE 170 - Introduction to Sport Medicine
Covers the nature, philosophy, and practice of the field of sport medicine. Prevention, emergency care, and rehabilitation as they pertain to certain athletic injuries will be the focus of the course. This course satisfies the requirements of the NYS Education Department Coaching Certification Course: Health Science Applied to Coaching.
MCC General Education: MCC-CT - Critical Thinking (MCT), MCC-VE - Values and Ethics (MVE)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Memorize bones and primary muscles of the body that are most often injured in sport.
2. Discuss terminology related to athletic training
3. Evaluate the most common athletic injuries/illnesses as presented in the course.
4. Demonstrate a mastery of the five taping/wrapping techniques that will be presented in the class.
5. Develop an emergency plan for a sport.
Course Offered Fall, Spring