COM 115 - Computer Generated Images
This course presents introductory hands-on experiences in exploring the potential of multimedia computer software, special graphic effects and computer imaging techniques as a creative medium. The focus of the course is on exploring how computers and traditional photographic and video technologies are coming together as tools for creating unique graphic images.
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-TL - Technological Literacy (MTL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Evaluate images for various factors, which may include composition or content.
2. Implement file management on a computer system.
3. Describe basic elements of design.
4. Implement elements of storytelling through still or moving images.
5. Differentiate between raster and vector graphics.
6. Develop an ad campaign which may include elements such as target audience research, idea development or design content.
7. Create pre-production materials for final digital imagery.
Course Offered Fall, Spring