XRT 125 - Image Production 2
This course is a continuation of Image Production 1. It will focus on the creation of image contrast, the relationship between contrast and penetrability, the production and control of scatter radiation, the effect of scatter radiation effect on contrast, technical factors and their effect on contrast, the effects of the use of various imaging modalities and the analysis and evaluation of technical principles on an image.
Prerequisites: XRT 111 and XRT 151; each with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain technical theories involving penetrability.
2. Explain technical theories involving contrast.
3. Explain the production and control of scatter radiation.
4. Analyze the use of various types of imaging equipment on image contrast.
5. Evaluate the validity of technical theories in the laboratory setting.
6. Apply critical theories to work in clinical practice.
7. Apply technical factors during procedures for the protection of patients and oneself.
8. Solve comprehensive mathematical and critical thinking scenarios that encompass all theoretical principles.
Course Offered Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023