ESL 179 - ESOL: Grammar
This course supports the development of grammatical accuracy through reading, writing, discussions, and formal instruction. Students paraphrase, summarize, and analyze grammatical structures in various media and focus on revising and editing their writing for correctness. They also improve their fluency and their ability to identify grammatical errors.
Grade of C or higher in ESL 145, or score of 65 or higher on CELSA placement test; or permission of program coordinator; and ESL 201 taken concurrently or previously completed.
Learning Attributes: CL
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify grammar structures in a variety of texts.
2. Use advanced level English grammar structures in writing.
3. Identify errors that contribute to a lack of accuracy.
4. Correct errors that contribute to a lack of accuracy.
5. Summarize nonfiction texts.
Course Offered Fall; Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023