XRT 226 - Management and Leadership in Radiology
This course will provide students with an overview of the structure and function of an imaging department in Medical Imaging Center or clinic. The focus is two fold: to provide the students with an awareness of oneself, as it relates to successful employment via harmony with management and it will help the student in establishing stronger communication skills through verbal and written exercises and projects.
Prerequisites: XRT 211 and XRT 251; each with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Apply proper writing skills using technical terminology.
2. Identify self-awareness traits.
3. Communicate effectively in a professional setting.
4. Analyze the role of management in health care.
5. Analyze the role of regulations and mandates in health care delivery.
6. Analyze personal characteristics in communication, values and personality.
Course Offered Spring